Saturday, September 29, 2007

playing in turbo tournaments

In the levels at which I play, there are lots of turbo tournaments - especially as satellites to the larger tournaments that I want to play it. They always seems popular - an $11+1 turbo regular tournament always fills up before a $10+1 non-turbo tournament.

But the point is - what is the right strategy? Levels increasing faster of course means I need to play faster. I guess you need to adjust on the fly, just like in a regular tournament. Do your standards go down for raising hands? These are the same weak donkeys I play in other tournaments. So my standards still have to be relatively high. I can't push them around with bluffs. They don't get it.

So I'm playing in a turbo tournament now. 10 player table, 9 players still left at 25/50. These players are seem to be playing tight/aggressive, or at least doing their impression of tight/aggressive. Maybe what I need is to take advantage of these players who are too tight as they blinds get higher. It goes without saying that value betting and pushing when I think I'm best is still right.

I finished 2nd at my freeze out single table. As the game got short handed, I could see that the players really knew what they were doing. But these donkeys continuously raise and then call any reraise. Christ.

No comments: