Sunday, September 16, 2007

Poker is brutal

I told myself I wanted to play in some of the WCOOP events this year. I just played in my second. I had to get in though satellites because my bankroll doesn't support buying in directly. On Friday, I played in the 6 handed $200+15 tournament. I played passive, weak poker. Here is a typical example and probably the worst hand I ever played since I really realized how to play.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1489759

Yes, I really played like that.

Then I analyzed my awful play and got my junk together. On Saturday, I won a double shootout for event #5, a $500+30 NL tourney. I played great. Then this hand came up. My broke friend said there was no way I could get away from this. I guess I could have been up against a set, but I never would have guessed I was up against the nuts. I lost nearly all my chips here and then lost them all shortly thereafter when I got outplayed with my short stack.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1489725

So for now, I'm done. Finishing in 2660th place out of 6000+. Normally, I'm pissed after I bust out of a big tournament, but I think I'm ok here because I don't feel like I was outdrawn or could have done anything about it. I like my call from the BB with 3.5 to 1 pot odds. I was just in a spot where I was going to lose all my chips like set over set. More commentary to come about my style adjustments.

No comments: