Sunday, September 30, 2007

too many mistakes

I'm still making bad plays. I want to get to a spot where I'm getting outplayed and not rethinking my decisions and regretting them. In this particular hand, I was obviously trying to slow play. After the flop, I was hoping to trap him. I figured I could get him for all his chips if he was playing AJ, QQ, or KK. It was the 4th hand of the S&G, so I had no read on him at all. When he check raised me on the turn, I thought about it - can I be beat here? I came up with yes, but probably not. A weak player might make the same move with AJ, and a lot of players might make that move with QQ or KK. So I call and I'm on the rail. I should have been more conservative.

Before the flop, I doubt there was much I could have done. Everybody online plays every pair before the flop. I could have raised to 300 and still gotten a call, but I would have only gone to 180 or so to keep him in the hand. Oh well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1534912

No comments: